One afternoon, I found myself really wanting a crepe with Nutella. But as Paris is thousands of miles away and I didn’t care to try to make crepes myself, I decided to be a little creative. Granted, this sweet has none of the lightness of a crepe, but it was fast and quite satisfying.
Cooking time: 10 minutes or less
- 1 flour tortilla, about 10 inches (try to find tortillas made locally that aren’t too doughy)
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1-2 tsp butter
- dashes of cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-low heat (whatever you use for grilled cheese sandwiches).
- Heat the tortilla on one side, then flip it over. On one half of the tortilla, while it’s in the pan, spread the butter. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the buttered half, then add the cayenne pepper.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla on top of the toppings and give it a good squish with a spatula. When the bottom is golden, flip it over and heat from the other side, squishing again so the chocolate spreads evenly.
- Cut into a couple of triangles and enjoy with a glass of milk.