I wanted something different for breakfast this morning, but I didn’t want eggs since I’ll be eating a plethora of deviled eggs this afternoon. I concocted this yummy–and healthy–oatmeal, and it was quite satisfying.
Servings: 2 generous
Cooking time: 10 minutes, including time to boil the water
- 1 cup rolled oats (I’m sure quick-cooking would be fine.)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp dried pineapple
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Put the water on to boil. This gives you time to measure out everything else.
- Add the oats and cranberries to the boiling water. Reduce the heat to a simmer. After about three minutes, add the pineapple and almonds. Continue cooking two to three minutes, or until thick. Stir in maple syrup and remove from heat.
- Serve in warmed bowls with a cup of coffee.